Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Using Google Drive in the Class

I learned to use Microsoft Office when it first became the most popular word processing and spreadsheet program to use. Since then Microsoft added the other programs in the office suite and I learned to use them along the way. With my comfort using Office, switching to Google Drive was an experience that took me out of my comfort zone. I very quickly realized that it was used almost exactly the same as Office and had many other additional features that can't be done with the Microsoft programs. Being able to share my documents with others and both, or all, with access seeing the changes to the document in real time was one of the features that I really like about Google Drive. Also, the benefit of my documents being saved to the cloud so that they can be accessed from anywhere that I have access to a computer with the Internet is extremely beneficial in my role as a student. Gone are the days of "forgetting" a paper or assignment. I find myself using Google Drive for more and more rather than automatically pulling up my former go-to, Microsoft Office.

2 comments:

  1. it's less expensive to use google drive too, I had to donate a kidney to buy microsoft office suit years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your finals and upcoming classes.

    ReplyDelete