Monday, June 8, 2015

Post 25 - Writing in Wikipedia


I really enjoyed the experience of learning to write in a Wikipedia article. It was fun to write something, post it to a well known website, and have the knowledge that others may use my writing to learn something. I like teaching and helping others, so there is a definite satisfaction in knowing that I may have helped people that I don't even know. Also, the research that was required of us in order to even write our portion of the Wikipedia article was a huge help when it was then time to write our Doc 2. All in all I appreciated the exposure to something new and will be looking for more ways to contribute to Wikipedia in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I think wikipedia was an interesting assignment and I learned about how it works. I also learned more about the Mending Wall in more detail, I did not know how far it went and also the paper I wrote helped me understand it deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compare to you I liked everything I experienced this semester because everything was new to me except writing a paper, which I have done before. Professor Hamon gave us a huge help when he had us to investigate first and then write. The part I like the most was the research part, I feel like I know more about how the authors do their literature work and how they place their feelings and actual situation on their stories. Overall, It was fun experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the Wikipedia assignment. I did not know how it would go. Thanks for being in my class and learning with me.

    ReplyDelete