Sunday, October 19, 2014

Post 3 - Mother of a 16 year old!!

My oldest son is turning 16 today and I can't believe that I have a child that can legally drive!!  The time goes so fast.  I had him when I was 18, so we've grown together.  Being a parent at such a young age was tough, but has been a wonderful learning experience overall.  He's been my buddy since I had him!  I'm now looking forward and thinking about the upcoming experience of sending him off to college.  With four other children I won't yet have an empty nest, but I will be really sad to say goodbye.

4 comments:

  1. They grow up really fast! It feels like just yesterday we were that age. It seems as you're doing a great job raising them. Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree being a parent at a young age is tough. I had my daughter when I was 23. Now she's 14 and doing so well. She actually is studying to get her permit, isn't that great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my first son at 17 and he just turned 9. It's not easy having them at a young age. I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really nice that you have great relationships with your kids a lot of kids out there really wants that with their parents.

    ReplyDelete