Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Post 7 - Academic Olympics

My 4th grader was just invited to be on his school's Academic Olympics team and I could not be more proud!  An activity like this was the type of thing that I enjoyed through school so when my children participate in the same type of group it gives us conversation topics that we can bond over.  I generally have a difficult time finding something to converse about with him and this will now provide me with another way to build on our relationship.  I'm also super proud that he is doing so well in school that his teacher chose him to represent the school in their Academic Olympics competition.

3 comments:

  1. That is really nice, I am glad for your son. Its good that you and him have some things to talk about. My son doe san engineering club ah his high school. I can't really discuss what he does with him because it is confusing but he has fun and I care for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is awesome, i loved when my kids participated in activities. It just opened the door for them to get closer to me. And it just was so fun for me to be to the meets. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats really awesome what an honor!! Happy to hear he is doing well in school. It really cool you guys have things and common and things to communicate about. I hope he keeps making you a proud mama!!!

    ReplyDelete