Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Post 14 - Critical Perspective for Doc 2

I decided to write my Doc 2 on the sociological perspective of Flannery O'Connor's "Revelation." Considering the intensity of the societal changes that were building up and occurring during the early 1960s when O'Connor wrote "Revelation," I thought that this was the most interesting criticism for me to write. I enjoy sociology and history, so it was a natural choice for me to analyze the story with those topics in mind. I look forward to the opportunity to relate the hippie and civil rights movements to the characters in "Revelation." Flannery O'Connor did an excellent job in her portrayal of the changing society using the different characters in this story.

3 comments:

  1. Good choice, I am still thinking more like debating jejeje, which perspective should I use. Hopefully I make up my mind pretty soon.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sociology is very important in poems. We have to look at the society at the time that the poem or work was written because it tells us what is going on. Also sometimes poems convey the social situation at the time and we can learn from this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be a great topic for you to write on. O' Connor did a great job on stating the issues the were happing around that time period. I'm interested on how you shed light on this aspect but I know you will do great.

    ReplyDelete