Monday, April 13, 2015

Post 2- My Wikipedia Article Choice

I've decided to write my Wiki article on the short story by John Steinbeck The_Chrysanthemums. I know that it was written in a different time, when women were expected to stay home, do very little of value (the "little woman"), and focus on making their man and children happy, but I found the story irritating to my strong feminine psyche. If more women stood up and refused to accept being inferior to men, then we would be living in a different world where glass ceilings, glass elevators, and non-equal pay would be nonexistant issues. Also there is very little information about this story on Wikipedia, so there's a lot to add to flush out the article.

3 comments:

  1. I am also choosing this story it ticked me off a little but felt for her at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steinbeck is a great choice, especially this story. I think you will find lots of room on the Wikipedia article to make your contribution. I recommend something to do with feminist critique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Chrysanthemums but it was kind of tough to read, I think it was uncomfortable too as it explores everyone's unexpected or unwanted fears. It is the fear of rejection and deception. I think it was well written.

    ReplyDelete