Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Post 3 - The Protagonist from my Favorite Movie

My favorite movie, and the best movie ever made, is Avatar. The protagonist of Avatar is the character Jake Sully. I really enjoy the lessons that are shown in the story line of the script, especially the insight that is shown into how we treat our own planet with such disrespect and greed. Jake Sully arrives with little knowledge of the alien planet, Pandora, and learns to love and value it as the native people do. I fear what my generation and those that have come before me are leaving for my children. I hope that we all quickly wake up and have a "Jake Sully" moment and realize what we are doing to our beautiful planet Earth. His is a character both to admire and learn from.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany. I will agree with you that Avatar is a great movie (not the best, IMO but still great) and the message is a strong one. I think in the technology driven world we live in today, people are less mindful of how they treat the planet and may be waiting for the extraordinary advances seen in movies like Avatar to come to the rescue and fix everything wrong with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avatar was a great movie with a good plot. I think that they exaggerated the message a little bit, but the fact still remains that there is deforestation going on in different places. It is very sad but we cannot do much as it is in other countries and does not really affect us. I think what we should do is make National Parks permanently protected from things like deforestation and privatization. It is good to have places where the wild runs free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have not seen this movie yet! I have heard wonderful things about it, but I just can't seem to find a reason to want to watch it. The animation looks truly beautiful, and I've heard the story sucks you in. Reading everyone's posts here makes me want to add it to my movie watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a pretty good movie to show how one person can learn to value another life and thier teachings. Jake left what was normal for him and took on another world for what was right and not for gain. This was a pretty good movie overall.

    ReplyDelete