Monday, April 20, 2015

Post 4 - Gregor from "The Metamorphosis"

I thought that Kafka's character, Gregor, from "The Metamorphosis" was really interesting. By the end of the story, I felt such empathy for his character, which also inspired disgust for the other characters in the story. I also grasped with trying to medically analyze what was happening to him. I at first assumed that he was dealing with the onset of schizophrenia, but then Kafka made mention of a cut he had gotten while making the frame for the lady in fur. That threw me off and sent me to the Internet to look tetanus symptoms up. All in all though, Gregor was a dynamic character that tugged on my heart strings.

2 comments:

  1. What got me was how his family tried to deal with him. At first they tried to keep him hidden, then he just became a nuisance to them with just being around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well in my point of view the family should let him to a facility where he can get some type of help. But also depend of the century that he was living they may not have that type of services.

    ReplyDelete